This is the headline introducing the CIPD Labour Market Outlook : Summer 2020 survey, it reveals that employers intend to keep a tight rein on pay increases over the next 12 months in a bid to preserve jobs.
Ref. CIPD update 12th August 2020
How do we navigate a tight labour market in a global pandemic. Here are a few tips that will protect your mental health, increase your confidence and decrease your anxiety.
- When it comes to your inner critic, don’t let it take over,
- Question that inner critic, if you are struggling with your self image and confidence this is the time when that critic becomes overactive and inaccurate.
- Ask yourself positive questions rather than dwelling on the negative, Q. what is the evidence that I am a valued employee, valued friend, successful in my work; or similar, this way we are focusing on the positive.
- SELF CARE: Put yourself at the top of the list, nurture yourself, honour yourself whatever that looks like for you. Stop the incessant chatter that comes from not having space in your mind to think and consider your present and also your future.
- Set yourself some SMART goals these are Specific, Measurable,Attainable, Relevant and Time Based. When starting out remember to break down your goals to their tiniest building blocks and start there.
- Help someone else, often the best way to step out of our own ruminating is to help others, this can feel wonderful and give you the head space to recognise new opportunities.