So 2020 is behind us. Well done for making it through, it hasn’t been easy for anyone. Give yourselves a pat on the back, we are at ‘day-one’ again! There is a lot we can take from 2020 that can leave us feeling beaten and battered and broken. There is also that old saying, “what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger”. So what can we take from 2020 that will help with our resilience in 2021. Remember resilience is just the ability to bounce back, it’s not the idea that we won’t have to deal with hurdles in our lives.
My 5 lessons to help me survive the next 12 months and beyond.
- be present and show up for family – the results are mind blowing;
- worry less about the small stuff – create space for important stuff;
- recognise the significant value of close friends – we can’t do it alone as well as we can with friends;
- look at life with curiosity, rather than judgement – we can never know what’s going on in someone else’s life;
- Be reminded of the importance of sleep and exercise – if we don’t take care of ourselves, we can’t contribute to others as well as we think.
OrlaCahill Transformational Coach.
Career Coach, Confidence Coach, Life Coach, Helping women return to work, helping career changers, helping women in the workplace.