DIY COACHING FOR LOCKDOWN
As a Life Coach I want to share some powerful questions that may help you to self coach while in isolation.
It doesn’t matter if your goal is to have a healthier lifestyle, or a healthier relationship or a healthier outlook we can all achieve these and many other things if we just focus and be specific.
- Make a list of things you need to work on in your life
- Look at your list and choose the most urgent and the easiest
- If you get two different answers then ask yourself, if you could only work on one which would it be?
- Give yourself a time limit, when would you like to have achieved this ?
- How will you know you have achieved this? (Be super specific here)
- Now focus on that one thing!
- When you achieve this how will it affect your life?
- How will if affect the people close to you?
- Why is it important to you to achieve this goal?
- How will you feel when you find success?
- What do you feel you could best motivate yourself?
- What support do you need?
- What resources can you call on?
- Look at what is happening in your life right now
- Look at what you have already tried, why did it work? why didn’t it work?
- What could you do better, easier, more efficiently?
- What do you need to be able to achieve this goal?
- Have you ever achieved something like this before? If so how did you do it?
- Has anyone you know achieved this or a similar goal? how did they do it?
Step by step
Most of us bite off a little too much and end up becoming overwhelmed, this is a sure path to frustration and a lack of success. Ask yourself the following?
- What is the first thing that can be done right now in the next 24 hours to get started?
- What might take you a little closer after that?
- What are you prepared to do?
- What could you do?
- Make a list of things and then stop!
- Choose one of the above options and put a time limit on it.
- Find someone to be your partner – someone you can report your progress to
- Get going
Remember we are all imperfect humans and we will make mistakes, go easy on yourself, if you fall just get up, dust yourself off and get going again. Good Luck with all your efforts.
OrlaCahill Transformational Coach.
Career Coach, Confidence Coach, Life Coach, Helping women return to work, helping career changers, helping women in the workplace.